Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blog-cation Over - Thinking of a Disney Cruise

You have all noticed that I took a blog-cation.  There was no medical reason for this - thank you for all you worry and care- I am doing well and just having summer.

We have faced a couple big challenges lately:

  1. The new regime (read here for details) is pretty wicked sometimes and totally mild other times. I have been through the terrible rash I blogged about a while back.  Shortly after that there was a couple days with mouth sores so bad!  Oh those things are the worst.  But, I have been doing well lately other than some issues that are neither visible nor meant for public discussion.  But, in spite of the drama the tumor markers fell last month- and in a week or so we will know what the net result of this month will be, but I feel bravely optimistic.
  2. Lost of heartache over being the child of divorced parents at our house lately.  We are working through that, but it just adds to the weight I must carry.  Thankfully I do not carry it alone.
  3. The EX has left a huge unpaid debt with my name attached so I will have to take care of it before the creditor takes action against me.  But, it will be another notch in my belt of overcoming unbelievable odds when it is over.  And, the kids will be teaching swimming lessons with me to help get a bit more money together.  It is great to be able to teach them the value of work and money.
I am thinking about planning a cruise sometime in the future.  It may be a while before I am ready to go financially and also so the kids are older, but I wonder about others experience of cruising with kids.  I think a Disney Cruise would be a great kid-friendly choice.  And, they leave from Galveston, TX - not far from home.

What do you think? Have you cruised with kids?  Maybe Disney would take us as guests if I blog for them about the trip.

Finally, the most recent edition of O Magazine is loaded with quizzes, they are fun and silly.  One is based on mapping out a typical day and then an ideal day which includes some of the activities you would like to do but don't.  I guess it had an impact on me because I dreamed about it that night.  So, I am thinking of ways to really include some of my ideals in the busy schedule of life by cutting out of those things that aren't valuable.  


Now that I am back I hope you are all well.  Love to my dear friends, Kel









1 comment:

Claudia said...

Glad you are back! Love you and your precious girls.