Monday, January 12, 2015

Why women need friends

I have enjoyed a string of happy weeks in a row.  It started with Thanksgiving- my favorite holiday. We had another great year celebrating with friends. It's always so great to be at their house because it is a happy place and they are all (adults and children) great chefs and bakers! 
Next, with the generosity and love many, we spent Christmas in Utah where I grew up. I loved being with most of my family, baby bro couldn't bring his new bride home, but the rest were together. And, I got to connect with many friends including my best friend since 1st grade. 
And, after Christmas a couple of friends from Idaho came down to Texas to make life easier for me by storming in and cleaning the house and putting together freezer meals. 
From my first grade bestie to these awesome women who became dear friends after I entered motherhood I am reminded how valuable friendships with other women can be through out life. 
Having women who see you as you are, admire your talents, accept your short falls, and make you feel good about who you are and what you can still become - does it get better? 
If your friends don't do this for you - get new friends. 
I am so glad for these happy weeks. My soul feels refreshed. I am going to use this fresh feeling to approach the coming treatments with a brightened outlook. I have grown so weary from treatments and hospital stays over the last years, especially in the last 4 months. 
I am going to take a snapshot of this renewed feeling so I can remind myself in the coming weeks. 

No comments: