Sunday, September 14, 2014

Toughest day in a while

I am feeling more tired today than I have for a while now. Thursday was my second treatment of this cycle and it hit me almost immediately. I took a 5am run so it would be done before work and my treatment, and I am glad I did.  By the time I got back to the office I was dragging myself through what felt like cement. I don't think I would have made it out that night.  Friday was equally difficult when my alarm went off, but I managed to get up and going because of some important budget meetings at work. It's been good for me to have responsibilities at work that push me when I feel like lounging around. 

Yesterday I was up early again taking care of some things in the garage before my men (a group of the kindest men from church who volunteered to help me out) came over to help move boxes and haul donations to good will. These men are amount my guardian angels. They are so wonderful to the girls and take care of us like family. It is amazing they all live so close to one another and to me.  That is definitely a blessing from God.  

The day didn't end before another run and a soccer game. I came home ready for bed pretty early, but feeling like it was a productive day. No wonder I am feeling it today. By noon today I hit another wall and have some nausea.  I am so blessed to not have nausea every treatment anymore, and the times I do feel sick it is pretty mild, I almost don't need to take anything for it, but why make myself fight that feeling and fight cancer growth. That's just cruel punishment. 
So I will let this little fella take half the battle. He's such a black/red it seems like he should be black cherry flavored. 

Today is a day the kids will have run of the house and I am going to curl up for a quiet nap. 

Tomorrow, I am taking Miss S to get the rest of a mole removed that is diagnosed precancerous and I will have the doc check another that concerns me.  I don't know how much discomfort she will feel, so I have arranged to work from home tomorrow to take care of her if she needs. She will have a few weeks off from gym class.  A much better recovery than letting it become skin cancer. I am so glad we caught it.  

Remember, get an annual skin cancer screening.  
There are so many things we should be tested for every year it really might be better to have all the doctors meet the patient at one place for annual exams than have patients schedule visit after visit. 

Thank you to those praying for my blood tests to be accurate and conclusive and that the insurance company will authorize a PET scan. I appreciate having your faith to back me up.

Love, Kel

No comments: