Thursday, August 28, 2014

Drop in tumor marker and other progress

A little over a week ago I got my latest CA27.29 tumor marker results and celebrated a nice drop of 14 points. Super great news after 3 tests with no change to speak of. It was a great bit of encouragement and maybe a little sign that my self-prescribed supportive therapy is helping. I have been narrowing my diet to some basic wholesome foods, increased my exercise and been working through a difficult forgiveness I have not been able to give completely. 
I sort of curtailed my exercise when I made a crash landing when walking at 5am. I was unwise in using my right rib cage to stop the fall. Ouch! I wonder how this will impact next months tumor markers. Maybe it will give an indication about what is helping, but maybe not. 
I have found the best supportive therapies are those that give me hope and make me feel like I am successfully killing my cancer. There really isn't a scientific answer as to why some bodies respond to treatment and some don't. It surely isn't because of the protocol or the patients desire to live. Similar protocols don't yield the same result. And, plenty of friends who have passed have wanted to live as much as I have.  It's something else all together that has granted me the good years I have had and continue to have. I am grateful for this years. And, for my 3 Wild Angels I am spending the with!

No comments: