Wednesday, May 28, 2014

130, but who's counting?

My tumor markers are ... Virtually equal to my previous count. 
Why we don't care:
1. It's just a number. 
2. It's almost the same number as before (136)
3. No amount if care (worry) will change it. 
4. It has only been one cycle of the drug, you can't tell much yet. 

But, there are miracles and tender mercies abundant in my life. 
I work with an awesome team of friends who have very generously showered me with gift cards to make the next many weeks and months easy. I have awlays been extremely blessed to have co-workers who become dear friends. 
My babies are so sweet!  They are thoughtful and teachable. 
I have taught them they have as much of an impact on our happiness as a family and the successful operation of our home as I do. And, they have learned to own their responsibility in making our lives successful. 
This week I have also enjoyed a reprieve from the side effects of chemo. I have felt so much better, which only shows how badly I was feeling. It has been a miracle that I was able to do everything I did in the last few weeks. I have been supported and sustained by a higher power. 
So, tomorrow begins cycle 2. I will start again and see how Eribulin treats me. I hope more gently than last cycle. But, if not, I will keep going, keep managing one hour at a time if I must. 

Ok- took a whirl to post this. I started writing last Sunday; today is Thursday. It was a fun day being able to take my daughter to work. But, in chemo days I worked through the weekend and am wiped out in a bad way. 
I had chemo on Monday, normally it is on Thursday. So, if it had been Thursday when I had chemo I would have had Sat ans Sun to sleep, instead, I had Tues, Wed and Thurs at work instead of having the last two days at home. I will be so happy to have a weekend of rest. 
Meanwhile, happy day to have dinner being delivered, pizza, and to spend the evening in rest. 


No comments: