Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Two weeks back on treatment and a bump in the road

I have grown increasingly impatient waiting for the results of my tumor markers, so I have started calling the oncology office to find out how I am doing.  So, yesterday I called rather than waiting for Thursday.  Drum roll please... counts are climbing. (Waa waaa)
OK- it was too good to be true.  My counts were down slightly after my weeks off chemo but it didn't hold on.
Now, with the memory of how good I felt off chemo and the news that the treatment isn't buying us any progress I am pretty disappointed.  I have been researching a number of complimentary and alternative treatments in preparation for my coming appointment.
Am I throwing in the towel on traditional western medicine? No.  But, I am asking if such toxic treatment at this point in my journey is the right thing.  I want to fight cancer for 20+ years, so this marathon needs to be approached with a plan. And, I feel like we have too many eggs in the chemo basket.
I am asking any friends and family to join in a special fast on Thursday.  Read my beliefs about fasting here. While I am open to all blessings the Lord has for me, I am praying specifically that my oncologist will be inspired about my case and specific needs.  I am also praying that Thursday the oncologist and I will have a good discussion about all the options and possible/likely outcome of each and additionally which complimentary treatments will support the fight.
I welcome your faith and prayers along with mine on Thursday.
Love - Kel

No comments: