Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My favorite kind if rain

They say we are in a drought, a drought which will be less severe after the next few days. Tonight as I left work it was misting. The gentle, steady droplets of rain. They aren't really falling, they are just there.
When I lived in Denmark it would rain like that all the time. I loved it. I loved riding my bike in that rain. I was like floating through a dream. The world felt so magical when I was in rain that didn't fall.
I wonder, does the mist effect others this way? Is there a type of barometric pressure that takes you back to a favorite time or place in your life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog. I don't comment enough but I read it always. This post reminded me of Hawaii and how I miss the heavy, hot rain. We get it sometimes here, but not often enough.

I hope you are doing well :)