Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Don't Eat Pizza After Dark, and Other Lessons for 2013

How was your New Year's Eve?  Mine was great.  We went to a movie early in the evening, and then picked up a pizza and watched What About Bob? and Dick Clark's Rockin NYE.
While waiting for the final countdown of 2012 I did some dishes and chowed down on the crust of a piece of pizza - this is bad on so many levels.  I should NOT eat more dinner while cleaning up, espcially from someone elses plate. And, as my heart burned, I realized I should not eat pizza after dark.  If you ever get heartburn you know what this means, I couldn't lay back and relax until I felt better. 

Anyway, while waiting for assurity that I could laydown without getting sick, I thought about the coming year and what I want to teach my kids this year. 

Here are some of my Mommy goals for 2013.
1- Teach money management.  Encourage them to pick something to save for and provide opportunities for them to make money and save.
2- Happiness is a choice - make that choice and own it! (don't have a plan yet)
3- Clean teeth with braces, it's hard work! I have two kiddies who need to get braces - so I hope to get them on this year. ($$$ WOW $$$)
4- When you have a project to complete, make a plan and make it happen.  Use Girl Scout cookie sales, swim team, and the turkey trot.
5- Be thankful - Give more than you ask for, thank all who help you.
6- A happy mom makes a happy home, and this Mom doesn't like hearing her kiddies argue.

There are more lessons to come, I am sure. However; this will get us started.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year and the conviction to acheive your goals!

Love, Kel

1 comment:

JaNae said...

You're amazing! Good luck with the goals for 2013.