Monday, October 17, 2011

Schedules Are Flying, Nights Are Too Far Between

I am tired.  It is just dealing with the news so far and trying to reach out and organize everything has me wiped out.  But I really do feel like it is midnight!
But, schedules are coming together.
Echo today.  This is because many of the drugs I have had and will have are tough on the old ticker, so they have to be sure she is up-to-snuff. 
Last time my heart strength was never an issue, so we will expect the same now.
Tomorrow I will have a port-a-cath put in.  Just a cool little tool that keeps the vampires (nurses) out of my veins.  They will have direct access through a portal in my chest.
Also tomorrow they will pick my bones apart- do a biopsy of the spots and check out their chemical, molecular, biological, magical make-up.  This allows docs to make more informed decisions about the chemo - cocktail.  I will end up being under general anesthetic for the biopsy.  Kinda good cause it hurt like a beast when they just grabbed sub-q tissue, and this will be deeper.  But, the anesthesia stays with me for a couple days, so it will be hard to shake.
So many have asked what we need, thank you!
I would love to have you send a note, postcard, stickers- anything fun to the kiddos in the mail.  I want them to feel loved and like they are going to be ok.
I would love help with school lunch.  Usually I just put money in their cafeteria account so we don't have to rush to pack lunches and grab breakfast on the way out the door, etc. But home made lunches would also be great too.
Kid friendly snacks are good to have on hand.  Nutritious little bits that will keep them from getting hungry when I can't get out of bed to feed them.
Most Vital: we need love and prayers.  Please join with us in praying for me, the kids, the doctors and nurses who will treat me, and all those who are reaching out to help us.  I pray the Lord gives back to them tenfold for all they do for us.
Love and hope,
Me.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hey girl,
I love this blog. As one who knows nothing about this process, it really helps to know what you are actually dealing with day to day. We will do all we can to support you. Keep posting your needs as time goes by so we can do our best to fill them. Stay strong, beautiful!