Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Excellent Success with Yesterday's Procedures

Yesterday I got the medi-port and had the lumbar biopsy,
The biopsy results take 3 days or so to get back to the Dr. but the procedures went well.

I hated the nurse I had.  But, there was a great male nurse in recovery most of the time.  There were a couple other nurses who were obnoxious and I got a little wild - set 'em straight.
One was complaining about a co-worker taking FMLA.  He went on and on.  Finally I said, from behind a closed curtain, "You know what, that is all federally sanctioned and controlled.  People can't just take it.  And, there is a reason that you don't have all the details about why she is out."

Point of this story- don't act like an idiot around me when I am on drugs.

Anyway, I am very sore and tired from the meds, but feeling better than I expected.  I am supposed to stay in bed today, but plan to be at work tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the outpouring of love and concern. We are so blessed.  I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life and your desire to help and support us.

I miss my sisters and bro, but have been blessed with many people here at home who will do all the things they would do. I am so sorry siblings that you can't help.  I know you want to, and that is enough for me.  Know that you will again get a chance to help.  Remember to send silly emails, letters, etc. to my babies to give them some fun.  Remember, there are people around you, who like me, need a fill-in family.

"If you can't be with the ones you love, love the ones your with" (I know- that is a little out of context, but I like my interpretation better)

Love,
Me.

No comments: