Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lunch Break

I am just taking a few minutes of break in lieu of Lunch today.  I have to leave work about 90 minutes early to find out if I have cancer again or not, so I am skipping lunch in an effort to be fair to my employeer and my salary.
I did find this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eQp0mZ-qA
Don't know if it is true, but I have thought a lot the last few days about the monotization of Breast Cancer. 
I read on a blog:"what good does your liking yogurt lids do for me?"  (http://jillscancerjourney.blogspot.com/view/classic)
What good does it do?  Are newer tests coming out? Are treatments improving?  Everyone says. "oh, you will be ok.  They are getting new treatments all the time". But, are they?  Herceptin came out in 1998! That is a long long time ago! 
We need more, and I don't mean ribbons or t-shirts.  We need treatment solutions, improved testing, and a cure.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Komen foudation was genius in creating awareness, but we are all aware now.  It is time to develop a new foundation.  One that is seeking a cure, not creating world-class marketing collaboration. 
CURE ME!
SAVE ME!
Let me raise my kids!
Let me kids not suffer Breast Cancer!

No comments: