Friday, July 18, 2014

Wear my hair for Thanksgiving

My new goal is to be able to wear my hair by Thanksgiving. I can't do a whole lot about it, but I am doing what I can. A lot of dreaming about it, visualizing it, meals packed with Protien and praying. 
I am hopeful that on turkey day I will be NED (that highly coveted status of showing no evidence of disease) and have my own hair. Oh, wouldn't it be nice? I dream of being like Rapanzle, long hair that ushers in a new life. 
However, for every step forward that I take a part of me feels something like guilt or sorrow. I think of my friends who have died  or my friends who lost a parent because of their cancer. I also think of my friends who battle today with hope or doom on the horizon. I can't help but wonder, why me?  Why am I so lucky? There is no answer to this question. I have heard of many cancer patients who feel the same. This is one of those things that only the mercy of Jesus Christ can resolve in the next life. 
So, I keep setting goals and holding on to hope and the love of my family and friends. And, I try to live a life worthy of the miracle that I am alive. There have been times death was so close but I am raising my babies and working full time. Truly, a miracle. 

No comments: