Thursday, May 15, 2014

Treatment two- check

I have officially completed my second dose of Eribulin. It was a long and arduous process. The pharm was down a nurse so everything was running behind today. But, chemo went fine. 
I have been feeling pretty down the last while and so the doc and I discussed this today along with the problems I had after the last treatment. It's easy to imagine feeling off with so many synthetic chemicals in my body, and changing them up all the time. My body chemistry must be as out-of-wack as a teenager! 
So, one day at a time. 
I also learned that the tumor marker was up again. This was the blood drawn last week, pre Eribulin. I will get another draw next week to see where things sit. Maybe it will be to early for the markers to come down, so no matter the result there is a reason to worry or not to worry depending on which school of thought you want to follow. 
I don't think it is so much that I worry, I don't because I know I am helpless. I do get down about the endless chemo I will have to do and all the side-effects that come with it. I get frustrated at the life I dream to live and the limitations of my life now. 
I better start counting my blessing more frequently or I will start to forget I have them.  
1. I get off work consistently at 5pm
2. I am not required to work extensive hours at home in the evening or on the weekend
3. My angels are self-sufficient
4. I have a nice maker
5. Jeans are baggy
6. Had a great Mother's Day

No comments: