Monday, July 8, 2013

Glamour shots

Tomorrow I have a photoshoot lined up for my internal glamour shots with the radiologists.  I really hope they have one of their best photographers with me so we can get some good shots in the first go.  
It's hard to imagine how we can make these photos unique since we have done all these shots before, and just 3 months ago.  But, it is all in capturing the movement of that radioactive  kool-aid through the  glucose uptake process.  
I'll have to let you know if any shot come out better than last time. :)
So, it is time to check for tumor activity again.  The blood results have been totally erratic over the last 3 months, so things could go either way.  The cancer could have found somewhere to take hold, it could all look the same, or maybe this is the test where the miracle will happen and the Dr. will find that this long wrestle with cancer is over again for now.
I have been reading scriptures, thinking and talking about faith.  Have you considered what the requirements of faith for bringing about a miracle?  
In Hebrews it talks about faith as a hope for things not seen.  If they didn't see any cancer it would be easy to have faith, well - that wouldn't be faith, right?

"To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. The Lord has revealed Himself and His perfect character, possessing in their fulness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in Him without reservation. Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith (Rom. 10:14–17). Miracles do not produce faith, but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness, (Bible Dictionary, Faith)"

So, I guess the real question is, have I brought my life in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ so completely that I can call on the powers of heaven for a miracle?  Do I take time to see and have gratitude for miracles in my life now?

And, if my miracle is to continue to live well with cancer, do I have faith that God is in control of all things and has a plan for me? 

I don't have the answers, I am working through the questions and working for a miracle.

No comments: