Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Boy, get a vaccine: a little update

My treatment last Thursday left my stomach a little more sensitive than before. But, thanks to Zofran, tums and heartburn blockers I made it through. Tomorrow is Wednessday, generally the day I feel best and the next day is my day off!  That's right, this is my no-treatment week and I am quite happy for it.
Two month on this chemo and the steroids has given me 8-10 extra pounds to keep me company.  That is frustrating!  It is a myth that people get thin when they have cancer. Maybe it happens for people with certain cancers and on certain chemo.  I have always had steroids with my IV chemo. And, with the blessing of a less sensitive stomach this time, let's just say sometimes blessings bring a curse and some curses bring blessings. 
But, I am good.  The chemo is working.  The cancer is loosing again.  The only problem I have is my brother doesn't know if coming home for Christmas is a good idea because he doesn't want to catch cancer.  Boy, you better get a vaccine, because you can't hide forever!

No comments: